Copilot App on PC and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Issues after updates

Shawn Elswick 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T19:17:40.38+00:00

Within the past couple of weeks (cannot pinpoint exact date), I have received updates on my phone as well as my PC for the Copilot app. On my phone, I have lost the ability to click the 'mic' button to talk with Copilot (never had an issue before). I have managed to get a mic icon to show in the lower left corner and utilize it....but it is definitely not the same experience nor is it a continuous conversation like I have used/utilized in the past. The experience on my phone is now so bad I utilize Gemini....which is sad since I utilized Copilot predominantly before (and also switching the voice is gone).

 

On PC, I can still use my microphone, but I have to click the mic button (the continuous conversation is gone). Then when I go silent after receiving a response....there is a series of tones that play like it is reminding me that the Copilot app is still running.....well yes, I know, I usually leave it running and can just ask questions as I see fit....never had those tones/notes whatever before....

 

I have used Copilot and Gemini both to try to resolve the issues I am having and none of those fixes have worked. Logging on and off....force the app to stop...clear cache and data...uninstall the app.....

 

Anyone else having these types of issues or know a way around or is it something being worked????

Microsoft Copilot | Windows Copilot | App
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Hendrix-V 19,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-20T01:43:35.2066667+00:00

    Hi Shawn Elswick,

    Thank you for sharing the details of what you've been experiencing. Based on your description, it appears that the voice interaction experience within the Copilot app has changed following recent app updates on both your Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and your Windows PC.

    Since the behavior changed around the same timeframe across two different devices and persists even after reinstalling the app, clearing cache/data, and signing out and back in, it may be related to recent changes in the app experience rather than a device-specific configuration issue.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    At this point, you can submit feedback directly through the Copilot app, including the details you've provided here regarding the missing continuous conversation experience, voice options, and the new notification tones on Windows.

    Please also check for any newer updates to the Copilot app on both Android and Windows, as app behavior can continue to evolve through subsequent releases.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.