Unable to edit on MS word App.

Adekanmbi, Adedamola 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T18:19:00.6066667+00:00

Hello, Please could you help with how I can use Microsoft Word on my Macbook? I have access to Microsoft office 365 from school but Ms word only permits me to reead, I can't edit at all. Please help..

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For education | MacOS
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-19T19:10:46.3966667+00:00

    I have MacOs Tahoe 26.6 running on MacBook Air.

    Thanks for the follow-up. Which specific Microsoft Office product is provided by your educational institution? Double-check that you have a version that lets you install the Office apps locally on your computer.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-19T19:03:52.46+00:00

    Which version of macOS do you have? You must have macOS 12 or later; otherwise, you can't run Microsoft Office. See https://www.brandwares.com/bestpractices/2023/03/most-recent-office-you-can-run-best-practices/ .

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.