How to access .pst files while running Microsoft 365 subscription and Office Home and Business 2024 same computer

SeiSei Guinada 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T17:55:12.0866667+00:00

I need to access content in my .pst files. I understand I need to run Outlook, not 365, to do so. I have downloaded Outlook for Home and Business 2024 and I want to be clear how to proceed, particularly for toggling between them, please. I am a home user. I need to access these .pst files.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SeiSei Guinada 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T19:06:36.3166667+00:00

    excellent help and most appreciated. also need access to .PST files too--same issue. checking the link you provided now.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-19T18:37:18.7266667+00:00

    .OST files are tied to the Classic Outlook instance/Profile that created them, they cannot be transferred to another machine or opened by any other instance of Outlook. If you still have the Classic Outlook installation that created the .OST, use it to open the file and then copy out what information you need. Without this, the file is an orphan. There are several commercial applications that will allow access and/or conversion to .PST files. Please have a look at this page:

    https://www.slipstick.com/problems/pst-repair/convert-an-exchange-offline-file-ost-to-a-personal-file-pst/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.