Did you remove all of your information/data on the computer and then perform a factory reset on it before you sold it? The new owner would have to set it up as if it were new, creating his/her own Microsoft account.
Product Key
I lost my product key for the Windows that came with my custom-built PC. It is not in the confirmation email. I lost the box and cannot find it in my order history. Is there any way I can get help with this? I sold my PC, and I want the buyer to have a good experience.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation
2 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
EmilyS726 269.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2026-09-19T18:23:18.97+00:00 Hello Sam,
If this is a custom-built computer, I don't think you purchased the license directly from Microsoft, right?
I think what you have is an OEM-NSLP license. Did you peel off the sticker and apply it on the computer somewhere? Typically builders should do that if they are 100% compliant because that's required by licensing terms.
Microsoft cannot replace these keys because they are not retail licenses purchased directly from Microsoft.