Microsoft account balance will not allow me to buy FC points

Henno 297 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T16:12:21.2966667+00:00

Microsoft account balance will not allow me to buy FC points, it just goes to my card on the account. I have enough money on it to buy them. Why is it blocked and switching to the card?? When I buy a product, I expect to be able to use it, I'm a grown adult and know what I can afford. Absolute joke.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Alex-L 12,740 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-21T07:23:49.9466667+00:00

    Hi Henno 297

    I understand the frustration. If your Microsoft account balance is available but never appears as a payment option, it may be because that specific FC Points purchase does not currently support Microsoft account balance, or there is an account/region/payment restriction affecting the transaction. Microsoft account balance is not available for every in-app purchase.

    Please check:

    • Whether Microsoft account balance appears after selecting Change payment method at checkout.
    • That your account region and balance currency match.
    • Whether the total cost (including any applicable taxes) is fully covered by the balance.

    If the balance is present on your account but FC Points still force payment by card, you'll need to contact Microsoft Support for an account-specific review, as this public forum cannot access billing or purchase records.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.