Please download fix.reg.txt
Rename it to fix.reg.
Double-click fix.reg and run it. Click Yes to confirm.
Run:
dism /online /get-capabilities /format:table
Post the output.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
I am looking for assistance with a Windows 11 25H2 servicing/CBS issue that I have been investigating extensively.
The current Windows installation is fully functional for normal use. I would like to repair the existing installation without resetting or reinstalling Windows.
10.0.26200.887510.0.26100.873710.0.26200.8875Recent installed updates:
KB5124007 Security Update 10/09/2026
KB5126052 .NET Update 10/09/2026
KB5101650 Security Update 15/07/2026
KB5071430 09/12/2025
KB5054156 09/12/2025
Windows' built-in repair/reinstall function ("Reinstall now" / Windows Update repair) fails with:
0xC190011F
I also attempted an in-place repair using an official Windows 11 25H2 ISO, but Setup rolled back at approximately 30%.
I am not looking for a reset/reinstall solution. I want to repair the existing Windows installation if possible.
I ran:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Result: successful.
I also ran:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
Result:
No component store corruption detected.
However, CBS clearly reports package-resolution failures during servicing.
SFC initially repaired some corrupted files, but subsequently:
sfc /scannow
can fail with:
Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.
TrustedInstaller and the other relevant services are running.
During the failed installation of the current LCU, CBS reports:
Failed to populate package overrides
HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
Failed to translate parsed manifest into package/update objects
Failed to initialize package:
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.9457
It then fails to resolve the package and its parent/child relationships, ultimately preventing installation of:
Package_for_RollupFix...26100.9457
The same problem previously occurred with the July LCU:
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.8875
Therefore, this is reproducible across two different LCUs.
The Recall package files are not simply missing.
For version 26100.8875, the following files exist in:
C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.8875.mum
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.8875.cat
I verified their SHA-256 hashes against the official Microsoft KB content.
164A60AEBEDD6686F998A8A59A95E906FB6FBA979F5A1BF0791C190FBB081CF9
62F5E67AB973A2E2F3A78CC1643D5E136EABE91A372C2B4AD570B6B3CE1544E4
The files are identical to those contained in the official Microsoft KB5101650 package.
Nevertheless:
DISM /Online /Get-PackageInfo /PackagePath:<Recall.mum>
fails with:
0x80070002
And:
DISM /Online /Get-Packages | findstr /i Recall
returns nothing.
I downloaded the official Microsoft Update Catalog package:
Windows11.0-KB5129195-x64_ed361878ec2b56a7dfdb8f256565263a7fdc8eaa.msu
Size:
4,639,422,594 bytes
I attempted the normal DISM installation:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"D:\DL\windows11.0-kb5129195-x64_ed361878ec2b56a7dfdb8f256565263a7fdc8eaa.msu"
The MSU expands successfully, but installation fails at approximately 1% with:
0x80070002
The specified file was not found.
DISM identifies the package as:
Package_for_RollupFix~~amd64~~26100.9457.1.0
CBS then identifies the Recall package as the failing dependency.
I extracted the WIM contained in the MSU and confirmed that it contains:
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.9457.cat
UserExperience-Recall-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.9457.mum
The 9457 MUM contains this parent:
<parent integrate="delegate">
<assemblyIdentity
name="Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package"
version="10.0.26100.9457"
processorArchitecture="amd64"
language="neutral"
buildType="release"
publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
</parent>
It also contains:
<assemblyIdentity
name="UserExperience-AIX-Package"
version="10.0.26100.9457"
processorArchitecture="amd64"
language="neutral"
buildType="release"
publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
However, the KB5129195 WIM does not contain:
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package 10.0.26100.9457
The only Foundation package physically present in:
C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages
is:
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.1.cat
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.1.mum
There is no local:
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package 26100.8875
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package 26100.9457
I do not know whether this is expected behavior for Windows 11 25H2 or indicates a servicing inconsistency.
I would specifically like Microsoft to clarify this point.
I also downloaded the official checkpoint package required by KB5129195:
Windows11.0-KB5043080-x64_953449672073f8fb99badb4cc6d5d7849b9c83e8.msu
Its contents include:
DesktopDeployment.cab
DesktopDeployment_x86.cab
SSU-26100.1738-x64.cab
Windows11.0-KB5043080-x64.wim
onepackage.AggregatedMetadata.cab
wsusscan.cab
Attempting to install it with DISM:
DISM /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:"D:\DL\windows11.0-kb5043080-x64_953449672073f8fb99badb4cc6d5d7849b9c83e8.msu"
failed during expansion with:
0x80070228
Error 552
The ACL passed does not contain the minimum required information.
Trying WUSA resulted in:
The update is not applicable to your computer.
I therefore did not force the checkpoint installation.
There is also a separate package-store problem involving OpenSSH.
Attempting to uninstall KB5101650 fails with:
0x800F0825
CBS_E_CANNOT_REMOVE
CBS reports:
OpenSSH.Server~~~~0.0.1.0 must be uninstalled first.
The previous LCU version is not complete.
OpenSSH.Server... RTM version is missing.
Failed to re-install supersed versions for Package_for_RollupFix...26100.8655
Current package enumeration shows:
OpenSSH-Client 1742 Intermediate
OpenSSH-Client 8655 Superseded
OpenSSH-Client 8875 Installed
OpenSSH-Server 1742 Intermediate
OpenSSH-Server 8875 Installed
There is no OpenSSH Server 8655 package.
The OpenSSH Server 8875 .mum is present and:
DISM /Online /Get-PackageInfo
recognizes it as installed.
However, attempting to remove it directly with DISM:
DISM /Online /Remove-Package /PackagePath:"C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages\OpenSSH-Server-Package...8875.mum"
fails with:
0x80070490
Element not found
CBS then reports the following missing dependency:
Failed to resolve package:
Microsoft-OneCore-OpenSSH-ServerOnly-AllowGroups-Package
~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.26100.7705
Failed to resolve child of Package:
OpenSSH-Server-Package...8875
Failed to add package:
OpenSSH-Server-Package...8875
Failed to plan execution
I verified that the AllowGroups package is not physically present in:
C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages
I also searched:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
C:\Windows\WinSxS\Manifests
The OpenSSH 7705 manifests/components exist, but I cannot find the AllowGroups package/component corresponding to the missing dependency.
This is the main issue I would like Microsoft to explain.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
reports:
No component store corruption detected.
And:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
completes successfully.
Yet CBS cannot resolve existing packages/dependencies and repeatedly returns:
0x80070002
ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
and:
0x80070490
ERROR_NOT_FOUND
Cumulative update installation fails.
The Windows repair installation also fails with:
0xC190011F
I have also:
SoftwareDistribution cache.26200.803726200.8875 ICbsSession::Finalize failed
0x800706be
I also have a current full Veeam backup of the system.
At this point I would like assistance from someone familiar with CBS / servicing stack internals, rather than the standard recommendation to run DISM and SFC, since those have already been tested.
Specifically:
UserExperience-Recall-Package 26100.9457
whose MUM declares:
Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package 26100.9457
when that Foundation package is neither present locally nor contained in the KB5129195 WIM? Microsoft-OneCore-OpenSSH-ServerOnly-AllowGroups-Package
26100.7705
dependency be restored?I am willing to perform an offline repair if there is a documented procedure. I would strongly prefer to repair the existing Windows installation rather than reset or reinstall Windows.
I can provide the relevant:
CBS.logDISM.logsetupact.logsetuperr.logSetupDiag outputif required.
Thank you.
Please download fix.reg.txt
Rename it to fix.reg.
Double-click fix.reg and run it. Click Yes to confirm.
Run:
dism /online /get-capabilities /format:table
Post the output.
Please edit your question and add the missing info. Most of the data (in code block) seems to be missing.
I also attempted an in-place repair using an official Windows 11 25H2 ISO, but Setup rolled back at approximately 30%.
Also, upload a zipped copy of the following setup log file:
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log
Note: C:\$WINDOWS.~BT is a hidden folder. To access it, press Win + R, type C:\$WINDOWS.~BT and click OK.
Thank you. I have edited the question and restored the missing information from the code blocks.
The full troubleshooting history and the relevant CBS/DISM findings are now included.
I will also upload a ZIP copy of: ```text C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log
The in-place repair was performed using an official Windows 11 25H2 ISO. Setup rolled back at approximately 30%, which is why I am including the setupact.log from that attempt.
The system is currently running normally; the problem is specifically with the Windows servicing/component store, cumulative update installation, and the in-place repair.
I have not marked the problem as solved.
The requested C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log is no longer available because the failed setup attempt has already been rolled back and Windows has cleaned up $WINDOWS.~BT.
However, I still have the corresponding setupact.log from the same failed in-place repair attempt: C:\Windows\Panther\NewOs\Panther\setupact.log
I try to uploaded this file as a ZIP instead, but zip is not a good extension for this post so a link here to download it:
https://limewire.com/d/dRkpa#MGCg55Hz3W