New Outlook showing spam or fake adverts

Family Nutland 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T12:06:32.9266667+00:00

I have MS Outlook 365 account with a different email address on which I have my private email address, my family account, my business accounts and my gmail address used for google forms.
Often when I need to access an email quickly I open the new outlook for a specific address. It opens instantly on my W10 desktop whereas opening the installed old outlook 360 App, email, excel, word etc takes considerably longer.

Today I used new outlook for a couple of hours and was shown one particular advert. From chelciesff.com.
This advert is from a scam or fake site, - The Scam Detector’s algorithm gives this business the following rank:

16.5/100. I clicked it to see if I could remove it and my Norton Safe Web instantly blocked access to it as a E-shop scam a fake shop.
I researched the shop and reviews showed this to be the case.
I am appalled that Outlook being a name that I have trusted for many years should allow such adverts and subject it's customers to being scammed.

My desktop is old and I know that old outlook runs slow, so only use new outlook rarely. The account I was reading an email from today is an email account not registered to outlook as a family email acc not my email account which is registered as my MS outlook 360 account. As we all know you can no longer have access to multiple email addresses on new ms outlook. A stupendous error by MS in my opinion, or a way of getting us to fork out for the full option. I happily pay for it as I use it for several hours a day but I would prefer the old version with the speed of the new version.

I never buy anything that I haven't found myself. My rule is that if a company approaches me it is best to avoid them, so the fact that new outlook has this scam adverts puts me off, not just the advert but also new outlook.

As a temporary fix I have forwarded all other email accounts to my personal email account in their own inbox and have new outlook set on my personal email registered to my outlook account.

I am seriously considering other options for viewing email as Outlook endangered my financial security with scam adverts what else are they are a risk for?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Allan Solomon Mejia 10,145 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T19:43:07.4733333+00:00

    Hello @Family Nutland

    I understand your concern, especially since the advertisement led to a site your security software flagged as unsafe.

    First, a clarification: advertisements in the free version of Outlook are an intentional part of the product. Free personal accounts can see ads alongside messages in the inbox, identified with an Ad label. A Microsoft 365 subscription provides an ad-free Outlook experience.

    However, seeing an advertisement does not mean Microsoft is guaranteeing that the advertiser or destination website is trustworthy. If Norton blocked the destination, do not bypass the warning or revisit the site. If you believe the advertisement itself is deceptive or unsafe, also report it through Outlook using Help → Feedback, including a screenshot and the advertiser/domain if possible.

    Since you already have Microsoft 365, there's another thing to check. If you're a subscriber but still see ads, make sure the Outlook.com address linked to your Microsoft 365 subscription is added to the Outlook app and that the subscription is still active.

    Also, check which account is currently configured as the primary account in new Outlook:

    File → Account info → Accounts → Your accounts

    Find the account associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription, select Manage, and check whether it is the primary account. Microsoft now supports changing the primary account in new Outlook.

    Also, you don't normally need to forward all your other email addresses into one mailbox. Current New Outlook supports multiple accounts, including Microsoft accounts, Microsoft 365 work/school accounts, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, and other IMAP accounts. You can add another account under Accounts → Your accounts → Add Account.

    Before abandoning new Outlook, first verify that the Microsoft 365 subscription account is added to the app and recognized correctly. If it is, but you're still receiving Microsoft-served ads, that would be useful information to include in your feedback to Microsoft.

    References:

    About ads in Outlook

    Add an email account to Outlook for Windows

    Getting started with new Outlook for Windows


    Help make this community better for everyone: If this answer helped or resolved your issue, please accept it or upvote it. If not, share more details in a comment so we can continue the discussion and find the right solution. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.