New outlook working but outlook in classic mode says disconnected, can't connect to server

Anna V 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T05:49:07.6533333+00:00

I need to use outlook classic mode for mailmerge using microsoft word. My organisation account is working fine in the new outlook app, but when I switch back to the old outlook app, the bar down the bottom says disconnected on the right hand side and when I click send and receive it's giving me an error code 0x8004011D. I've already tried the suggested steps of looking in the windows credentials manager but there's nothing there related to outlook, and running outlook classic in safe mode doesn't fix the problem either.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For education
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Hal Hostetler MVP-Outlook 12,011 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-19T06:25:42.2233333+00:00

    Always make sure you have the latest updates. One of the more common causes for that error is a damaged Outlook Profile, you might try creating a new one

    https://robert365.com/article/newprofile

    You should ask your organization if they might be blocking Classic Outlook, I hear some may be starting to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.