Teams messages are not showing after signing in on another device

Ryan Mowl 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T05:06:52.2733333+00:00

I recently signed in to Microsoft Teams on another laptop, but some of my old chat messages are not showing up. I can see the recent conversations, but when I open some chats, the older messages are missing.

I already tried signing out and signing in again, but the issue is still there.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Kien 1,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-19T05:21:34.05+00:00

    Dear Ryan Mowl,

    To ensure I understand your request correctly and to support you as effectively as possible, I need more specific information from you:

    • Are you using a business/ school account or a personal one?
    • Do other colleagues experience same issue?

    In the meantime, kindly try these steps:

    1> Clear Teams cache

    Please refer to this article to clear Teams cache. Clear the Teams client cache - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

    2> Repair/ Reset Teams app

    In Start Menu, open Settings > Apps > Installed apps > Microsoft Teams > three dots (...) > Advanced options > Repair

    Select Reset if the issue persists. Repair apps and programs in Windows | Microsoft Support

    3> Uninstall and reinstall Teams app

    If the above steps did not work, try to uninstall and reinstall Teams app.

    In Start Menu, open Settings > Apps > Installed apps > Microsoft Teams > three dots (...) > Uninstall

    Then reinstall Team app via Download Teams Desktop and Mobile Apps | Microsoft Teams.

    I hope the information shared helps point you in the right direction.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.