Weird problem with some games

Sakku tatsainyo 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T04:54:02.8166667+00:00

Lately I've been having problems with a game, and I have no idea why. I do have mods for said game, which is Project diva Mega Mix on Steam, but I've had sessions an hour or longer with the game where it never seems to freeze.

I do occasionally switch audio sources, but again I've had sessions where that doesn't cause freezes, and I don't plug in a different audio source mid game. There is another scenario where I play another game on a different audio source (Elden Ring) and then switch to Megamix, sometimes on the same audio source and other times on a different one, but again that leads back into where I've had times where I've had long sessions where the game doesn't freeze.

The system I use is still stable and works well, but is there anything I could do or check to finally fix this weird problem? because each time it happens I have to basically restart my system to fix, which is getting annoying. Any help would be good so I don't have to restart every time this happens

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Alvise Cervellati 6,630 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-19T07:10:42.3133333+00:00

    Hi @Sakku tatsainyo ,

    I found a few threads with similar issues; take a look at them:

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1761390/discussions/0/5363238800593536947/

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1761390/discussions/0/591761524439174017/

    Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    So, the first thing I would check is whether all your audio devices are using the same default format. Go to Settings → System → Sound → More sound settings → Playback, select each audio device you use, open Properties → Advanced, and check the Default Format. As a first test, I would recommend using 16 bit, 48,000 Hz or 24 bit, 48,000 Hz on all devices.

    If one device is configured for 44.1 kHz and another for 48 kHz, switching between them may cause audio resampling or compatibility issues, which could potentially contribute to freezes or stuttering in Mega Mix+.

    The second thing I would try is disabling all audio enhancements. In the properties of your playback device, set Audio enhancements to Off. If you are using features such as Spatial Sound, Dolby Atmos, DTS, Nahimic, Sound Blaster effects, or similar audio-processing software, temporarily disable those as well. These additional audio processing layers can sometimes cause compatibility problems with specific games or audio drivers, so disabling them is a useful troubleshooting step.

    The third thing I would check is the Windows App volume and device preferences settings. Go to Settings → System → Sound → Volume mixer and look for the option to Reset sound devices and volumes for all apps to the recommended defaults. This is particularly worth trying in your case because you frequently switch between different audio devices and also play different games using different outputs. Windows can maintain separate audio settings for individual applications, and resetting these settings may resolve an incorrect or corrupted audio-device assignment for Mega Mix+

    Let me know how it goes

    Elvis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.