I need help to reset child password for outlook email as forgot password

Keisha Svitak 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T21:50:02.14+00:00

I need help to reset child password for outlook email as forgot password. please give me someone on chat or send me a temporary password. I have been requesting help through microsoft support more than 3 different days. All I get is a code to use, but there is nowhere to put the code so it doesn't help

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-09-18T21:50:17.9133333+00:00

    A temporary password cannot be sent, and support agents cannot send password reset links or change account details.

    Use the Microsoft account password reset flow for the child’s Outlook.com account:

    1. Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page and select Forgot password?
    2. Enter the child account username and select Next.
    3. Choose a verification method.
    4. Retype the first part of the email address or the last four digits of the phone number shown.
    5. Select Get code.
    6. Retrieve the code from the recovery email or phone.
    7. Enter the code where prompted, select Next, then create a new password and select Next again.

    If a code is being received but there is no place to enter it, restart the reset flow from Forgot password? or use the Reset password page so the verification step appears in sequence.

    If no valid verification option is available, or the shown recovery methods are not recognized, use the Microsoft sign-in helper tool.

    If recovery still fails, use Contact Microsoft Support. Support can route the issue, but agents are not allowed to send reset links or directly change the password.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. Hornblower409 15,950 Reputation points
    2026-09-20T06:00:21.15+00:00

    @Keisha Svitak said

    All I get is a code to use, but there is nowhere to put the code so it doesn't help

    I assume you are following these instructions? At which step is your experience going off track?
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/reset-a-forgotten-microsoft-account-password

    Don't clicking on any links in the email, or go back to the sign-in page, stick with the password-reset browser window.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.