My Microsoft Email Was Changed By Someone.

Efe SAYICI 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T19:06:20.2033333+00:00

This morning I got a mail saying my Microsoft account was accessed from Brazil and Spain and I was not the one logging in. Later I found that I was logged out of all my devices and my original Microsoft email was altered. I need help. The original email address was ******@gmail.com

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-09-18T19:06:39.16+00:00

    If the account was accessed by someone else and the sign-in email was changed, the supported recovery path is the Microsoft account recovery and security flow:

    1. Try the standard sign-in recovery first.
      • On the sign-in page, select Forgot my password.
      • Then select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account and follow the recovery steps.
    2. If access is regained, immediately secure the account.
      • Go to the Security basics page.
      • Select Review activity and check the Recent activity page for unusual sign-ins.
      • For activity that was not authorized, select This wasn't me or Secure your account where shown.
      • Change the password from Security basics.
    3. Check whether the original address still maps to a Microsoft account.
      • Go to the Microsoft account sign-in page at https://account.microsoft.com and enter the original email address.
      • If the message says the account does not exist, the sign-in alias may have been changed.
    4. If the alias was changed, use the official recovery options.
      • Use the guided support tool for sign-in and alias issues.
      • If recovery tools do not resolve it, use Contact Microsoft Support and select Get Help, then Contact Support.
    5. Important limitation.
      • Support agents are not allowed to send password reset links or access and change account details. Account recovery must go through the official recovery process.

    If there is still a signed-in Microsoft session on another device, review account details there and use it to update security settings as quickly as possible.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

  2. John Jefferson Doyon 88,610 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T19:56:45.96+00:00

    Hi, @Efe SAYICI

    Your Microsoft account appears to have been hacked, especially since you were signed out and the original Gmail sign-in address was changed.

    I understand how important your account is to you, so I’m going to be honest. If the email address has been changed and two-factor authentication has been enabled by the hacker, unfortunately, the account may no longer be recoverable.

    Just to confirm:

    If you receive any error messages, such as “account doesn’t exist” or anything else, please let me know.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.