Custom role permission selection removes a previously selected permission after a new search

Tucker Tice 20 Reputation points
2026-09-18T18:31:53.72+00:00

I have tested this multiple times and even refreshed the browser.

Problem summary

  • In the Microsoft Entra admin center, when creating or editing a custom role and selecting permissions, choosing a permission from a second search causes the permission selected from the first search to be removed.

Expected behavior

  • Multiple permissions selected during role creation/editing should remain selected until I intentionally uncheck them.

Actual behavior

  • After selecting one permission, then searching for and selecting another permission, the first permission is no longer selected.
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Vasil Michev 128K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2026-09-18T19:03:43.3466667+00:00

I can confirm this behavior, and if memory serves well, it seems to be a regression to the previous experience. I will ping some folks on this, but just in case, it might be best to open a support ticket and report it therein.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.