A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Both computers must be signed in to the Microsoft account that paid for the subscription.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a current up to date Microsoft subscription that I use on 2 computers. One of the computers is having an issue where my excel spreadsheets are read only and I can't figure out how to remove the read only. I have no issues with this on the other computer.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Both computers must be signed in to the Microsoft account that paid for the subscription.
Hi
On the affected computer, open Excel > File > Account and check whether it shows “Unlicensed Product” or “Activation Required.” If it does, sign out, close all Office apps, then reopen Excel and sign in with the Microsoft account linked to your subscription.
If it already shows as activated, can you create and edit a new blank workbook? Please also share a screenshot of the read-only message, hiding any personal details, so I can narrow this down.