Microsoft 365 Add-ins not working

BobK 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T16:04:15.8933333+00:00

starting yesterday, add-ins in Excel, Word, are not working on local workstations (both home use - not tied to a domain). On the web, Excel does work

trying to add an add-in gets the message "Error adding add-in"

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T16:38:10.4166667+00:00

    Hello,

    I believe this could be a widespread issue. I am seeing reports from users in different locales experiencing the same problem. It seems to affect add-ins in general for personal accounts when using the desktop version of the app.

    I am experiencing the same issue on my end as well. I have not found any official Microsoft announcement about this yet, but at this point, it does not appear to be something you can fix locally. We may need to wait for Microsoft to address it on their end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.