No there is no working method to access the data what was on your drive before you reinstalled Windows.
Yes, it is safe to leave Bitlocker as it is, that is the default in Windows 11.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have recently wiped my OMEN Max 16 laptop and did a fresh windows installation to remove a malware, I went through the normal set up process afterwards and signed in my Microsoft profile on my laptop. It has been a week since the wipe and when I booted my laptop up this morning Windows made me go through the entire set up process again, and afterwards all my files are gone as if this was a clean laptop. Also note, during this set up process it asked me if I wanted to restore my files and settings from Sep 15, I agreed to that however there are no changes indicating files were restored and the laptop is completely clean.
I’m worried that this could be a malware issue, I ran some scans using windows defender, malwarebytes and bit defender but nothing came up. I’m confused over why this happened and I want to be sure that my laptop is actually functioning normally.
No there is no working method to access the data what was on your drive before you reinstalled Windows.
Yes, it is safe to leave Bitlocker as it is, that is the default in Windows 11.
This behavior is not indicative of a malware infection, more likely this is caused by an incomplete Windows installation.
Open File Explorer, then go to C:\Users.
In there, do you find more than one user folder that looks like your user folder, and if so, do you find your files in any user folder in there.
Also, you indicate you recently wiped your laptop, do you have a safe copy of your files somewhere or use OneDrive to sync your files online.