I updated Microsoft Word on a Mac and the colors of track changes reversed

RK6 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T13:39:50.7966667+00:00

I updated Word on my Mac this morning. I had being editing a document where my changes were blue and the other editor's were red. Now her changes are blue and mine are red. This is confusing. How can I switch it back?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-18T13:44:28.6366667+00:00

    Word lets you specify that track changes colors should be different for different editors, but you get no control over which specific color is used for a specific editor. This is by design.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.