Outlook.com Error 500 StartupData ServerError — mailbox won't load

Jordan Funston 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T12:47:48.41+00:00

I can sign into my Microsoft account, but my Hotmail mailbox will not open. Outlook.com gives Error 500, esrc: StartupData, et: ServerError, BootResult: fail. I also can't add the account back to my iPhone. Please investigate my Outlook.com mailbox.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 268.8K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T13:26:46.2166667+00:00

    Error like this is always server side. There's actually no ongoing outage right now, at least nothing is officially published. However, I do see this type of error from time to time and they are usually temporary and short-lived. You don't need to do anything on your side, as it won't fix it and changing settings or whatnot might only introduce new problems. Give it time and it usually recovers on its own. If it turns into any wide spread outage, I will update you here as soon as I learn about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.