WiFi suddenly stopped working

Vivek 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T11:38:51.6533333+00:00

My pc was working fine 2 days ago but yesterday when I turn it in it doesn’t work. It’s connected but everything takes like 10 mins to load not just browser but apps like steam as well. I’ve tried going back on windows 11 update, forgetting network, restarting pc and router and a lot of commands on terminal to no fix. Weird thing is that my phone connected to same WiFi works fine but my pc connected to WiFi doesn’t. I tried using my hotspot at 2 bars signal and It was loading way quicker than the WiFi. Idk what to do

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 126.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T12:15:26.83+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    To be able to assist you better, please share a screenshot of the network adapters in the Control Panel.

    • Press "Windows + R", type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.

    A window will open with the network adapters installed on the system. Send a screenshot of this window.

    Use the shortcut "Windows + Shift + S" to use the screenshot tool.


    Also, share a screenshot of your system information.

    • Press "Windows + R", type msinfo32 and press Enter.

    Maximize the window and use the screenshot tool.


    Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-09-18T12:04:43.02+00:00

    Have you looked at the Control Panel>User's image

    Right click on the connection you use and see what it is showing for speed. See example image below. What is the signal quality?

    User's image

    Have you performed a reboot to see if that helps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.