My old hotmail-address is suspended - how do I close/delete

LMK 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T09:47:23.64+00:00

Hi, I have a very old hotmail account. Not in use for several years. I want do close/delete/remove the account, as i saw in Dashlane the email had been compromised. When I try to log on, I get prompted that the account is suspended due to unwanted activity. Not sure what that could be, as I have not used it for several years.

I have tried using the "recover", and "ulock", and every other self help article. It all ends up in "Please log in"... which is the main problem, as I cannot log in! Ended up having to create an Outlook.com account hoping to reach somebody in Customer Support... Not succeeding so far. Does anyone know how to get actual help from somebody who can help med close/delete the relevant account(s)?

br

Leif



Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Onyx Is here 4,930 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T12:13:41.23+00:00

    Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

    As this this an open forum I'm afraid that no one here would be able to help beyond offering advice regarding the sign in helper. As for the suspension that may have been done by the policy enforcement team if you used the account for Xbox. Usually though the message you get does suggest that the unusual activity may have been if it was sending spam emails or something else like it.

    Right now the best option I can think of for you would be to try starting an online chat via https://support.microsoft.com and clicking on Contact Us. Just follow the instructions until you get to a person. There's no guarantee that they will be able to do so but they may be able to at least give you a bit more info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.