Microsoft Foundry model deployment blocked by Error 715-123420 on new Azure account

Sebastian Figueroa 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T05:52:58.7733333+00:00

Hi,

I recently created an Azure account with an active Azure subscription and created a Microsoft Foundry project for an educational AI security project.

My Foundry project and resource were created successfully. However, when I try to deploy an OpenAI model, Azure blocks the deployment with:

Error 715-123420

“Our system has detected this request as unusual activity for your account. If you are confident this is in error, please contact support.”

I first attempted to deploy GPT-5.6 Luna, but my subscription did not have sufficient quota. I then tried GPT-4.1-mini using the available Default / Global Standard deployment option. GPT-4.1-mini appears available, but the deployment is still blocked by error 715-123420.

This is a new Azure account, and I am using Microsoft Foundry for educational purposes as i am taking the Azure AI Fundamentals Course. The Azure support portal appears to require a paid support plan for the technical support request I attempted to create.

Could a Microsoft moderator please advise how I can have the account/subscription reviewed for this restriction, or provide a free escalation path for error 715-123420?

I can provide my subscription ID, tenant ID, resource information, timestamps, or correlation/request IDs privately to Microsoft staff if needed.

Thank you.

Microsoft Foundry
Microsoft Foundry

A unified Azure platform for creating and managing AI models, agents, and applications with built‑in enterprise security, monitoring, and governance

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Taz 9,936 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-18T06:28:16.7+00:00

    Hi Sebastian,

    The 715-123420 error is being reported in multiple recent Microsoft Q&A cases as an Azure AI Foundry security/fraud-protection block, rather than a quota, model availability, or RBAC problem. Microsoft moderators have confirmed that these cases require review by the appropriate internal team.

    Since you get the same error with a different model and deployment option, I would stop changing the model or quota for now.

    When opening a support request, provide:

    • Error: 715-123420
    • Subscription ID
    • Foundry resource/project and region
    • UTC timestamp of a failed deployment
    • Trace ID, Client Request ID, or Service Request ID from the error/Activity Log

    Ask specifically for a review of the subscription/account for the 715-123420 Foundry deployment restriction.

    If the portal only offers paid technical support, try the Azure billing/account support path as well. Microsoft states that subscription-management support, including account-related issues, is available separately from technical support plans.

    I would not create another Azure account or keep repeatedly retrying the deployment. Recent cases show that the restriction is handled on Microsoft's side, and some were resolved after internal review.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.