How to remove an pending Windows Update item for a uninstalled program

JR Lindstrom 40 Reputation points
2026-09-18T01:37:54.67+00:00

I have had Logitech stuff installed before, but after uninstalled it (with Revo Uninstall) it still promt me to update Logitech in Windows Update and I don't know how to get rid of it! How do I get rid of it?

"Windows Update: Logitech Extension Driver Update (2.0.1012.0) - Download & Install"

Screenshot 2026-09-18

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Estrella721 46,135 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T02:15:40.66+00:00

    Hi,

    It is still best to download driver updates from your PC manufacturer's support website.

    I recommend hiding the update using the Show or Hide tool instead.

    Download and install the tool here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab then run the troubleshooter. Choose to hide the Logitech Extension Driver Update (2.0.1012.0) so Windows will not install it again.

    Click Next > Hide Updates > Choose Logitech Extension Driver Update (2.0.1012.0) to hide then hit next.

    Note: If you encounter a warning message while downloading the file, select 'Keep.'

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.