My outlook account was hacked

micram200 laberge 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T23:20:50.1066667+00:00

Recently I was victim of a hack from somewhere and lost access to my e-mail account (I am writing this from another).

I have tried both recomended recovery methods and neither worked. I am at my last straws here because a lot of my things are linked to that account and i am not in a possition where i can afford to lose it.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,305 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T00:36:07.5633333+00:00

    I’m sorry you’re going through this issue with your account. In this case, Microsoft support agents are not able to make changes to account information, such as adding or removing details, because those protections are in place to help keep your account private and secure. I understand this may not be the outcome you were hoping for, and I truly appreciate your patience.

    The best next step is to complete the account form here; it is not the same as the recovery one: https://aka.ms/recovermyaccount

    Once you submit it, your request will be reviewed by the team that handles account recovery situations like this. They will reach out to you by email with the next steps or let you know if they need any additional information to continue helping you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.