TLS connections failed

Kenneth Starick 286 Reputation points
2026-09-17T20:25:29.6233333+00:00

Event viewer messages:

TLS connection has failed. ID 36881

1: SSPI client process is VpnSvc (PID:3016)

2: SSPI client process is VpnSvc (PID:7836)

I use Norton VPN.

Should I be concerned?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-17T20:59:41.7933333+00:00

I wouldn't be too concerned, especially if VPN is working normally.

Regarding -

SSPI client process is VpnSvc,

That means the failed TLS connection came from your VPN service. Since you use Norton VPN, it is most likely related to Norton trying to connect to one of its servers.

The different PID numbers just mean the VPN service restarted or ran as a new process.

I would only worry if Norton VPN keeps disconnecting, websites stop loading while VPN is on, or you start seeing certificate warnings.

If everything is working normally, I would just monitor it for now, or run these by Norton support.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.