I am using Windows 11 25H2, build 26200.9457.
Windows Security does not open properly. It stays on the logo screen, and Event Viewer shows:
SecHealthUI.exe
Event ID 1002 - Application Hang
SecurityHealthService also does not stay running. When I start it manually:
STATE : START_PENDING
and a few seconds later:
STATE : STOPPED
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0
So the service exits cleanly instead of crashing.
What I have already checked/tried:
-
RpcSs and wscsvc are running.
-
SecurityHealthService.exe exists and has a valid Microsoft signature.
- Reset
Microsoft.SecHealthUI.
- Ran
SecurityHealthSetup.exe as Administrator.
- Rebooted.
- Kaspersky 21.26 is installed, but the same issue happens even when protection is paused.
- Old Kaspersky 21.24/21.25 leftovers were removed; no change.
- Current SecurityHealth platform folder is still:
C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealth\10.0.29510.1001-0
1000.26100.8036.0
There is also a Windows Update issue with KB5007651. Windows Update repeatedly offers:
Update for Windows Security platform - KB5007651
Version 10.0.27703.1006
It shows as completed, but appears again after checking for updates.
I also manually downloaded the newer x64 package:
KB5007651 version 10.0.29628.1000
The installer returns ExitCode 0, but the SecurityHealth platform folder does not update and remains on 10.0.29510.1001-0.
I also captured the issue with ProcMon. SecurityHealthService.exe starts several times, runs for about 0.12 seconds, successfully loads the SecurityHealth DLLs, then exits with status 0. ProcMon shows:
- no
ACCESS DENIED for the service
- no failed DLL loads
- no obvious missing files
- no Kaspersky interaction before the service exits
This makes me suspect a Windows Security platform / KB5007651 servicing or registration problem rather than Kaspersky or file permissions.
Is there a supported way to repair/reset the Windows Security platform or KB5007651 servicing state without reinstalling Windows?I am using Windows 11 25H2, build 26200.9457.
Windows Security does not open properly. It stays on the logo screen, and Event Viewer shows:
SecHealthUI.exe
Event ID 1002 - Application Hang
SecurityHealthService also does not stay running. When I start it manually:
STATE : START_PENDING
and a few seconds later:
STATE : STOPPED
WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0
SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0
So the service exits cleanly instead of crashing.
What I have already checked/tried:
-
RpcSs and wscsvc are running.
-
SecurityHealthService.exe exists and has a valid Microsoft signature.
- Reset
Microsoft.SecHealthUI.
- Ran
SecurityHealthSetup.exe as Administrator.
- Rebooted.
- Kaspersky 21.26 is installed, but the same issue happens even when protection is paused.
- Old Kaspersky 21.24/21.25 leftovers were removed; no change.
- Current SecurityHealth platform folder is still:
C:\Windows\System32\SecurityHealth\10.0.29510.1001-0
1000.26100.8036.0
There is also a Windows Update issue with KB5007651. Windows Update repeatedly offers:
Update for Windows Security platform - KB5007651
Version 10.0.27703.1006
It shows as completed, but appears again after checking for updates.
I also manually downloaded the newer x64 package:
KB5007651 version 10.0.29628.1000
The installer returns ExitCode 0, but the SecurityHealth platform folder does not update and remains on 10.0.29510.1001-0.
I also captured the issue with ProcMon. SecurityHealthService.exe starts several times, runs for about 0.12 seconds, successfully loads the SecurityHealth DLLs, then exits with status 0. ProcMon shows:
- no
ACCESS DENIED for the service
- no failed DLL loads
- no obvious missing files
- no Kaspersky interaction before the service exits
This makes me suspect a Windows Security platform / KB5007651 servicing or registration problem rather than Kaspersky or file permissions.
Is there a supported way to repair/reset the Windows Security platform or KB5007651 servicing state without reinstalling Windows?