Family help.

hassan zuhair 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T17:36:00.9233333+00:00

I just created a new account to play Minecraft after I got locked out of my previous one for no reason, and now in the new one I can't even use the public chat, even tho my account is an adult, I keep trying to leave the family I'm in but it keeps forcing me in, and I can't even call the support number because it's not working, and I don't have any for of help. So at least I hope someone will help me leave the family in the new account or help me get back my old one.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Microsoft Family Safety | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Xavier-D 13,400 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-18T00:40:24.4833333+00:00

    Hello hassan zuhair

    I understand that your new adult Microsoft account is unexpectedly restricted by Family Safety, preventing you from using Minecraft public chat, while your previous account is also locked.

    First, sign in to the Microsoft Family page with your new account and check your role:

    • If Leave family group appears beside your name, select it and confirm.
    • If you are listed as a Member and cannot leave, only a family organizer can remove you. Ask the organizer to select your account and choose Remove from family group.

    Also confirm that your date of birth is correct on your Microsoft account profile. After the family-group issue is resolved, review your Xbox privacy and online safety settings and ensure that communication and multiplayer permissions are allowed.

    For your previous locked account, use the Microsoft sign-in helper. If the sign-in page provides a reinstatement link beginning with aka.ms/, follow that link and submit the requested information. You can also use the Microsoft locked-account review form.

    Please note that Microsoft Q&A is a user-to-user support forum. Community contributors cannot remove accounts from family groups, unlock accounts, or access account records.

    I hope this helps you regain access and remove the unwanted restrictions.

    Feel free reply back to this post and update me on this issue, I'll be happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.