I'm sorry, I'm having trouble responding to requests right now. Let's try this again in a bit.

Alice Rowlands 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T17:34:35.42+00:00

Why is Copilot not responsive? I'm sorry, I'm having trouble responding to requests right now. Let's try this again in a bit.
I keep getting this message and I have shut down and switched my computer on again. Nothing doing.

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Hendrix-V 19,390 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-18T03:52:06.7833333+00:00

    Hi Alice Rowlands,

    The message"I'm sorry, I'm having trouble responding to requests right now. Let's try this again in a bit." generally indicates that Copilot was unable to process the request at that moment. In the reported case, restarting the computer did not resolve the issue, which suggests the problem may be related to a temporary connectivity, authentication, or service communication issue rather than the request itself.

    To help narrow down the cause, you may want to try the following:

    • Sign out of Copilot (or your Microsoft account) and then sign back in.
    • Test Copilot in a different browser, an InPrivate/Incognito window, or another device if available.
    • Verify that your Microsoft 365 subscription and any applicable Copilot license are active and recognized by the service.
    • Ensure your network, VPN, proxy, or security software is not restricting access to Microsoft services.
    • Wait a short period and try again, as temporary service-side interruptions can sometimes resolve without any action from the user.

    If the issue continues across multiple devices, browsers, or networks, it would be helpful to gather screenshots, the approximate time the error occurs, and any error details before contacting Microsoft Support for further investigation.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    Hopefully the issue is temporary, but if the behavior persists after the checks above, gathering those details will help support teams investigate more effectively.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.