Look at this and see if it helps.
How can I resume BitLocker Protection?
For the past month, everytime I log in to my laptop, I've had to put in my Microsoft Recovery Key. I didn't know what the issue was but I saw someone post on here that what worked them was suspending protection, restarting computer, and then resuming protection. However, when I tried to resume protection, it said "Wizard Initialization has failed" and to contact manufacturer for help. I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
-Lillian
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
2 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Airbus A350 8,020 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2026-09-17T20:10:35.4066667+00:00 Hello,
Instead of using the Control Panel, you can use the command-line to resume BitLocker protection.
To do so, you may open PowerShell as an administrator via the Start Menu. Then, type
Resume-BitLocker -MountPoint C:. You should see a message telling you that BitLocker was successfully resumed.I hope this information helps.