How can I resume BitLocker Protection?

Lillian Derby 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T16:41:23.76+00:00

For the past month, everytime I log in to my laptop, I've had to put in my Microsoft Recovery Key. I didn't know what the issue was but I saw someone post on here that what worked them was suspending protection, restarting computer, and then resuming protection. However, when I tried to resume protection, it said "Wizard Initialization has failed" and to contact manufacturer for help. I'm not sure what the problem is. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

-Lillian

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-09-17T20:35:22.6233333+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Airbus A350 8,020 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-17T20:10:35.4066667+00:00

    Hello,

    Instead of using the Control Panel, you can use the command-line to resume BitLocker protection.

    To do so, you may open PowerShell as an administrator via the Start Menu. Then, type Resume-BitLocker -MountPoint C:. You should see a message telling you that BitLocker was successfully resumed.

    I hope this information helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.