No response after submitting Microsoft account recovery form

MR 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T11:26:13.5133333+00:00

I submitted the Microsoft account recovery form for the first time more than a week ago, but I have not received any response or recovery decision.

I have since submitted the form again, and the latest submission was successfully confirmed. Microsoft states that it usually takes around 24 hours to review the information.

How long should I wait for a response, and what should I do if I receive no response? Is there a way to follow up on a previous recovery submission rather than submitting the form repeatedly?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T23:45:49.3433333+00:00

    Hi @MR

    I understand how concerning it can be not to receive a recovery decision after more than a week.

    According to Microsoft’s account recovery guidance, the result is normally sent to the contact email address provided in the form within 24 hours. However, in some cases, a response may take up to five working days. Since your first submission has exceeded both timeframes, please check the Inbox, Junk or Spam folders, blocked senders list, forwarding settings, and mail rules of the contact email address you provided.

    Microsoft’s official guidance does not provide a tracking page or a method for checking the status of a specific recovery request.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators and contributors, including external Microsoft employees, cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    Since your latest submission was successfully confirmed, please allow up to five working days for a response. If you still do not receive any notification, you may contact Microsoft Support for further assistance.

    Thank you for your understanding.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.