Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organisation Problem

kay wq 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T11:09:42.06+00:00

Hello, I hope you can help me solve this problem. I assembled a brand new PC and then wanted to activate Windows Defender protection, but when I went to activate it, this message appeared: Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organisation

I have tried many solutions, including the CMD like REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware and a lot of others cmd

I also tried installing a new Windows version, but the same problem persists. I also tried repairing system files with /restore health CMDS

I really hope there is a solution because I have already tried many, many solutions and also tried downloading securityhealth but when its downloaded it said This app cant run in your PC

i also tried this cmd Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage and didn't work with me

And the protection its not working i tried a cmd and said false not working

that make me really sad i can't be happy with my new pc

please help me

note: my Windows is 11 pro its not a laptop so i don't have any virus protection also when i tried cmds and methods all and all They gave me the same result its a massage said the third service has stopped please rest not, And the rest button not working

also Microsoft Defender Antivirus is snoozed and FireWall is turned on

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Horace Wiggins 535 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T12:08:23.42+00:00

    Try this link, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/ and be sure to look under, Privacy & Security.

    Where did you purchase everything, you needed to build your computer? Have you gone back and ask them for help?

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/security-safety-and-privacy#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Emma1-N 13,320 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-18T03:34:22.3433333+00:00

    Welcome kay wq,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on what you've shared, it sounds like Microsoft Defender services may not be starting correctly rather than a problem with the Windows Security app itself. Since you've already tried reinstalling Windows and the common repair commands, I'd like to check a few things before suggesting more advanced repairs.

    Please check the following:

    Press Windows + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.

    Find these services:

    • Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service
    • Windows Security Service
    • Security Center

    For each service, let me know:

    • Whether its Status is Running or Stopped
    • Whether its Startup Type is “Automatic”, “Manual”, or “Disabled”

    Then open Windows Terminal (Admin) and run: sc query WinDefend

    Please post the complete output.

    Also, when you open Windows Security, does the message “Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization” appear immediately, or do you see any other warning or error code?

    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.