Ethernet Connection name amendment

Lethal Lee 30 Reputation points
2026-09-17T05:17:16.1166667+00:00

Hi,

I attach a screen shot of my adapter settings in the current network.

I am trying to amend the line that is labelled 'Baines - GL - MT6000 - b41 - 5g'.

As this would clearly be a 5G connection to the wi-fi originating on my router.

I have check google advises...and refer to the top label only, apparently.

Appreciate some direct and susinct advise.

regardsethernet name

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Internet and connectivity
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Carl-L 22,825 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T09:48:36.15+00:00

    Hello Lethal Lee,

    Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

    As I see, the connection is stated as Ethernet, not Wi-fi. The Baines - GL - MT6000 - b41 - 5g part is just the name of the network, which could be set by the manufacturer to shows what the router is capable of. The upper name "Baines-Ethernet" shows that the connection is an Ethernet connection. You can change the name as you wish, however the connection type won't change.

    I hope this clarifies.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.