How do I get access to the recording of a meeting?

Kathryn K 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T21:15:38.5433333+00:00

I was on a Teams meeting earlier today. The host says a recording for the call is located in the Teams Chat. I can't find it.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Record meetings

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Lin v 1,380 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-16T21:28:53.59+00:00

    Hi Kathryn,

    If the meeting was recorded, the recording is usually available in the meeting chat and is stored in either OneDrive or SharePoint, depending on the type of meeting. You can try the following:

    • Open Teams and go to Chat.

    User's image

    • Select the chat for the meeting.
    • Look for a message containing the meeting recording link or check the Recap tab.

    User's image

    User's image

    If you still cannot find the recording, I recommend asking the host to share the recording link directly with you, or verify that your account has permission to access the recording.

    I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.