Having trouble redeeming my approved azure credits... Azure Portal fails with AADSTS50020 / AADSTS16000

sahil dhull 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T16:24:37.19+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I was approved for $10,000 in Azure credits through the Y Combinator Startup School / Microsoft for Startups offer.

I am signing in using the same personal Microsoft Account (MSA) that I used for the YC / Microsoft for Startups application. The Microsoft account uses a Gmail address.

However, when I try to access Azure or the Azure credits page, Azure Portal fails to authenticate my account.

I first received this error:

AADSTS16000: User account from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application 'c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c' (Azure Portal) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first.

After signing in again using the exact same account I used for YC, I received:

AADSTS50020: User account from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application 'c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c' (Azure Portal) in that tenant.

Context:

  • Program: Microsoft for Startups via Y Combinator Startup School
  • Azure credits approved: $10,000
  • Account type: Personal Microsoft Account using Gmail
  • I am using the same account used during the startup application
  • I have not intentionally created or selected the Microsoft Services tenant
  • I cannot access Azure Portal far enough to view or switch to the startup subscription/directory
  • I have not created a separate Pay-As-You-Go Azure subscription because I do not want to interfere with the startup-credit provisioning

It appears that my Microsoft for Startups entitlement was approved, but the associated Azure tenant/subscription or billing entitlement may not have been correctly provisioned or mapped to my Microsoft Account.

Could Microsoft please check whether my approved YC / Microsoft for Startups entitlement has been correctly provisioned and linked to my Microsoft Account, and help me access the Azure subscription containing the $10,000 credits?

Diagnostic information:

Azure Portal Client/Application ID: c44b4083-3bb0-49c1-b47d-974e53cbdf3c

Trace ID: e9e353b2-16d0-4925-baa5-79a0da6e3800

Correlation ID: 3d78e004-9b85-43a9-aa88-d23706caf9d6

Timestamp: 2026-09-02 20:58:27Z

I can provide the affected Microsoft Account email, enrollment details, and any additional account identifiers through a private support channel if required.

Thank you.

User's image

Azure | Azure Startups
Azure | Azure Startups

Startups: Companies that are in their initial stages of business and typically developing a business model and seeking financing.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.