How do I keep the copilot from popping up everytime that a new chat comes in, or I change from window to window in chat?

Claire Sullivan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T14:40:53.4533333+00:00

The copilot window pops up every time I get a new chat and even if I close it, it opens up again every time I go from an active window to another active window, or to the home tab. This is a problem because when I receive a chat, I cannot see the details from the prechat survey, including the ID information, without closing the copilot window and also minimizing the chat answer window.

Microsoft Copilot | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix-V 19,300 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T01:07:58.5733333+00:00

    Hi Claire Sullivan,

    Based on your description, Copilot appears to be automatically reopening whenever a new chat arrives or when switching between chat windows and tabs.

    Here are some quick checks that you can try:

    • Review your Copilot or application settings for any options related to automatic opening, startup behavior, or contextual assistance.
    • Make sure the application is updated to the latest available version.
    • If available, try temporarily collapsing or pinning the Copilot pane and verify whether the behavior changes after restarting the application.

    If the issue continues, it may be helpful to submit feedback directly from the application and include:

    • A brief description of when the panel reopens.
    • Screenshots or a screen recording.
    • The application version you are using.

    This information can help the product team better understand the behavior and its impact on your workflow.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas.

    Let me know if you need further assistance, feel free to ask me by clicking "Add Comment" or "Add Answer" if you cannot add comment so your response will be visible. Thanks for your effort.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.