Brand new laptop running Windows 11 S Mode - can not activate Windows to disable S Mode

Stephanie Dirk 0 Reputation points
2026-09-14T15:46:11.0033333+00:00

I have just bought a completely brand new laptop (Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3) that runs Windows 11 in S Mode, I would like to turn off S Mode, but upon going to the activation settings I receive error "0xC014C780" and am unable to activate Windows which I need to do before turning off S Mode.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stephanie Dirk 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-15T00:51:23.88+00:00

    Problem seemingly fixed itself while I was asleep? Or maybe doing the Powershell command to see the key fixed it, I don't know but when I opened settings again Windows had activated.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.