Back up again as of 325pm Pacific Daylight time, both my wife and I on our laptops. no explanation, no nothing!
Phone link absolutely non functional now
It was working yesterday. I have:
-Checked update currency on my phone (Galaxy S24FE) and PC (Win 11) - all up to date
-Restarted my PC and phone several times
-Restarted my router
-Removed and tried to re-add my phone (won't re-connect )
-(Can't uninstall either the phone app or PC app)
-Turned off the Phone Link service under Task Manager
-Clicked Repair (check mark)
-Clicked Reset (check mark)
-Tried to connect my phone to PC via Bluetooth ("Can't connect to {PC name}" )
-Phone shows the Bluetooth connection to PC (won't connect) and PC shows the phone (won't connect.)
Now when I start connection process from scratch in Windows , I get the prompt window for Android/Apple, click Android, nothing happens.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Connect Phone and PC
3 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
EmilyS_726 29,900 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2026-08-21T20:50:55.0333333+00:00 This appears to be a widespread issue occurring today, August 21, rather than a problem specific to your PC or phone.
A rapidly growing number of users are reporting the exact same Phone Link behavior today: the Continue button does nothing, account switching does not work, and in some cases Link to Windows also fails to sign in. Users have already tried Repair, Reset, reinstalling Phone Link, clearing caches, and even testing different Windows profiles or PCs without success. See this other thread: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5982147/phone-link-stuck-on-use-your-mobile-device-from-yo
There are also independent reports from users in different locations experiencing the same failure today. https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoneLink/comments/1vu7wp9/phone_link_not_letting_me_sign_in (note, non-Microsoft source)
This strongly suggests a Microsoft-side Phone Link authentication/service issue. I have not found an official Microsoft acknowledgement yet, so I would avoid reinstalling Windows or making extensive system changes for now. Report the problem through Phone Link > Settings > Feedback & Community or Feedback Hub (Win+F) and wait for Microsoft to resolve or acknowledge the issue.
-
Robert Peterson 5 Reputation points
2026-08-21T19:11:21.2733333+00:00 I'm having the same problem. Mine was also working fine yesterday, and when I restarted it this morning, Phone Link asks to log into my account, but clicking Continue does nothing. UPDATE: Mine's back up an working. Just be sure you clear both computer and phone app caches before reconnecting. It definitely looked like it was some login server or another.