AZ-305 Designing Azure Solutions Infrastructure exam renewal link

MATTHEW LAWRENCE 20 Reputation points
2026-06-23T16:49:56.1533333+00:00

Hi so my AZ-305 needs renewing for August (a year has indeed passed), and I havent done the AZ-104 but from various documents and web pages have seen I do not need to have the 104 to renew the 305 as they are independent renewals.

My issue however is I cannot fine the URL link to renew the AZ-305 and I have looked lots.

I had a link to click to schedule the renewal that was greyed out

I have seen renewals to the complete architect certification

I have seen lots of urls that tell me about renewining on microsoft learn

A help page suggested I go to my profile link in learn and from my profile there should be a recertify link but nothing?

Please can you advise?

Thanks

Community Center | Not monitored

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
TP 163.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-06-23T17:02:25.5733333+00:00

Hi Matthew,

From your description it sounds like you never earned Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification. In order to earn the certification you need to have Active Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104) certification in addition to passing AZ-305 exam.

If the above is true then you need to pass AZ-104 exam in order to earn Azure Administrator Associate, which will cause Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification to show up. Then in the future you will have opportunity to renew your certifications.

Please click Accept Answer if the above was helpful.

Thanks.

-TP

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest