Environment:
- Microsoft 365 Family (paid, active)
- Custom domain: meraachli.com (registered via GoDaddy, DNS/MX/SPF correctly pointed to Outlook)
- My own personalized email ******@meraachli.com works perfectly
- All family members have valid Outlook.com primary accounts and are correctly added to the M365 Family plan (5/5 slots used)
The problem:
Every family member gets "There was a problem adding your alias" when attempting to set up a personalized email address under my domain through the Outlook Premium flow.
I have identified what I believe is the root cause. In my Outlook Personalized Email settings at:
outlook.live.com/mail/options/premium/features
Under Personalized email address → Members, my domain shows as successfully connected (green tick), but no family members appear — only myself as Domain Administrator. This is despite all 5 members being correctly listed under my M365 Family subscription at account.microsoft.com.
The M365 Family plan and the domain provisioning backend appear to be completely out of sync for my account. Family members cannot provision aliases because the domain backend does not recognise them as eligible.
What I have already ruled out:
- DNS/MX/SPF misconfiguration (all correct, my own mailbox works)
- Ghost/pending aliases on family member accounts (checked account.live.com/names/Manage on each — all clean)
- Account username conflict (tested with a brand new neutral Outlook.com account added to the family plan — same error)
- GoDaddy-side issue (domain is only registered there, email is fully Microsoft-hosted)
What I am looking for:
Is there a way to manually trigger a sync between the M365 Family plan membership and the domain personalized email provisioning backend? Or does this require backend intervention from Microsoft's side?
I have two open support cases (7102291891 and 7102810309) where Microsoft has acknowledged backend review is needed but frontline support has been unable to route to the correct team after 7 weeks.
Any help from MVPs or Microsoft engineers here would be genuinely appreciated. Happy to provide screenshots or additional details.