I have two monitors but to get the cursor to move between them I have to do it in the opposite direction. To move from the monitor on the left I have to move the cursor to the left to get to the monitor on the right. How do I reverse this?

Larry H 40 Reputation points
2026-06-19T18:38:09.0533333+00:00

I have two monitors but to get the cursor to move between them I have to do it in the opposite direction. To move from the monitor on the left I have to move the cursor to the left to get to the monitor on the right. How do I reverse this?

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Answer accepted by question author
Diana Mariz 10,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-19T19:21:07.0566667+00:00

Hi Larry,

To proceed with resolving the issue, you may go to settings > system > display > click identify > if your monitor set to 21 instead of 12 then rearrange them then click apply right after. It should allow you to move mouse correctly instead of by reverse

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-06-19T18:38:21.2333333+00:00

Align the monitors correctly in Display settings so their on‑screen arrangement matches their physical positions.

  1. Select Start > Settings > System > Display.
  2. Under Select and rearrange displays, click Identify to see which number each monitor is.
  3. Drag the monitor boxes so that the left monitor box is on the left and the right monitor box is on the right, with their touching edges aligned.
  4. Select Apply.

After this, moving the mouse to the right edge of the left monitor will correctly move it onto the right monitor.


References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.