how do you buy something here? Website says to contact support, but there's no support to contact

nope 20 Reputation points
2026-06-19T18:15:56.26+00:00

Update

I did eventually hear back from Microsoft support using the method that Darhyl said. However by that time I had already decided to give up and get my friend something different for his birthday. I don't have a huge amount of patience for people who make it hard to give them money. Especially when the only way to contact them is to back door it and lie about what you're trying to do just to get someone to talk to you.

Hoenstly this whole experience reminded me I really need to try again to get linux up and running and get compeltely off the Microsoft ecosystem. Customer support being so bad that its hard to even buy their products is a sure sign the company is in decline.


I'm trying to buy a game as a gift for a friend. when I try to submit payment, I get an error and told to contact support. The support is Microsoft's shitty AI that literally tells me it can't help and microsoft doesn't actually have any kind of support any more.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or why microsoft makes it so hard to buy things from them anymore?

screenshot of payment issue

ai saying there is no support

oh yeah, forgot to mention I tried calling the number on this page
https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/accounts-billing/help-with-microsoft-store-purchases
and the automated system there said it can't help and to use the website. I tried calling back and it just repeats use the website that doesn't work and hangs up.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Darhyl Amizola 50,055 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-19T18:51:59.1066667+00:00

Hey there! Nice to meet you!

Please try clearing your browser cache and cookies, logging out and logging in again, and using different devices, as these steps may help resolve temporary browser-related issues that could be interfering with payment processing.

Also, ensure that your payment methods are up to date and have no restrictions imposed by your bank.

If the issue persists, you will need to contact Microsoft Billing Support for further assistance, as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case:

https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact?SourceApp=smc2&ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=S.HP.SmcContactUsLanding

Type "Billing issue" > click "Get Help" > Scroll down to Sign in to Contact Support > Microsoft 365 and Office > Billing and Payment Updates > Confirm > Chat with a support agent in your web browser

Thank you for your understanding! Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,

Darhyl

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Darhyl Amizola 50,055 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-20T16:33:49.19+00:00

    Thank you, and let's hope for the best!

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.