Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Dear Sec-Treas KCWSC,
Good day, and thank you for reaching out to the Q&A Forum. Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that you would like to cancel a Microsoft 365 business subscription that was purchased recently. If the subscription was purchased directly from Microsoft, you can usually manage or cancel it from the Microsoft 365 admin center. Please note that the exact cancellation options may depend on your billing account type, subscription type, and whether the subscription was purchased directly from Microsoft or through a partner/reseller. You can try the following steps:
- Go to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Sign in with the account you used to purchase the subscription.
- In the left menu, click Billing > Your products.
- Find your active Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Click on the subscription > Select Cancel subscription.
- Follow the prompts and choose a reason for cancellation (e.g., “Set up as business by mistake”).
- Confirm the cancellation.
Microsoft typically processes refunds for subscriptions cancelled within the first 30 days of purchase. You should receive confirmation and the refund within a few business days.
For reference: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn
I hope this information helps point you in the right direction. Please try the steps above and let me know how it goes. If you run into any error message or cannot see the cancellation option, feel free to share more details in the comments, and I’ll be happy to help further. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I look forward to your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.