Recurring Bluescreens every 2-4 days. No hardware or software fault detected

Matthew Evans 20 Reputation points
2026-06-19T16:40:53.18+00:00

I have a LenovoYG7 14 R5 that I'm in dispute with the retailer over whether the device is faulty. I can't remember how long after I purchased it that it started but every 2-4 days the device bluescreens. The Blue screen itself is corrupted so I can't give the exact code. I was unaware that Windows created .dmp files so I've lost the majority of them. Between 21/05/2026 and 12/06/2026 I have saved 9 .dmp files, that time period includes between 30/06/2026 and 04/06/2026 where the device was with the retailer for inspection.

Between 21/05/2026 and 29/05/2026 they were exclusively for ntoskrnl.exe

After receiving the device back from the retailer on 05/05/2026, who did a full factory reset, it bluescreened within two hours for ntoskrnl.exe and amdkmdag.sys. There was a further bluescreen on 07/05/2026 for ntoskrnl.exe

After following their tech support's advice on 10/06/2026 to install the latest AMD drivers direct from the AMD website I had three bluescreens. One exclusively for ntoskrnl.exe and two for ntoskrnl.exe and amdkmdag.sys

On 12/06/2026 it bluescreened with ntoskrnl.exe and amdkmdag.

The laptop is using an AMD 6600U APU and following a factory reset I did the only additional software installed was FireFox and a few games via the Xbox app.

The retailer has done a factory reset, multiple stress tests and cannot replicate the bluescreens. They have done a physical teardown of the device and can't see any damage to the components. This form is not allowing me to add a zip or .dmp files.

Links to Zip files;

https://1drv.ms/u/c/af7963927c4b63a0/IQCow5lhnpjhR5ffbSZiWa0_AekvDe-zqn7CWrE0iiiGqJI?e=jyQYz5

https://1drv.ms/u/c/af7963927c4b63a0/IQCow5lhnpjhR5ffbSZiWa0_AekvDe-zqn7CWrE0iiiGqJI?e=y5EqN1

Edit;

This is the text from an event viewer log I'd saved

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: BlueScreen

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 133

P2: 1

P3: 1e00

P4: fffff805815c53c8

P5: 0

P6: 10_0_26200

P7: 0_0

P8: 768_1

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052126-14359-01.dmp

\?\C:\WINDOWS\SystemTemp\WER-14359-0.sysdata.xml

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.f3496a0d-f60f-49e4-bc81-7c5de098fb4a.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.c22b7222-a0f8-4403-8c01-e9edd6166670.tmp.csv

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.59331985-d914-4e55-83ba-27a96afbfe7f.tmp.txt

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.1eb002aa-b054-4ffc-84ab-2a54cdd4cfe5.tmp.xml

These files may be available here:

\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_133_f78b4563e5585ae3cac1ff75b5ea1d1f2b5db1_00000000_1aac7914-e0b9-49f3-ab3c-9b244a18ee6e

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: b47957f8-8faa-4474-a7ae-22693ebd7604

Report Status: 2051

Hashed bucket:

Cab Guid: 0

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Carl-L 22,825 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-20T09:05:27.2266667+00:00

Hello Matthew Evans,

Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum,

Since you have already performed a clean install for your OS, that means the issue with it is gone. Clean install usually fix most problem, unless it is something that it cannot reach or change.

From the dump files you provided, the cause almost entirely points to the AMD driver, this could be a kernel level issue with a corrupted driver from AMD. Regarding the dispute, no external damage on a device doesn't mean that it is not faulty. Also, device and drivers can survive stress tests and then BSOD after a few days due to external cause that a stress test cannot be reproduced.

The way to accurately define it is to change the motherboard, however, it is too hard to do so. However, the factory reset should have already fix any issue related to the OS and user application if any. So it is highly point to a faulty hardware issue. since this is not a behavior that a new computer should have even after a factory reset.

I hope this clarifies.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.