Want to buy a game on the Xbox desktop app but keep getting an error message.

Diego 20 Reputation points
2026-06-19T15:23:52.9933333+00:00

I already tried all the usual fixes I found online. I also tried buying it directly from the store using my browser and I got the same error. Trying a different card did not solve the problem either. I know it is not an issue on my end because my cards work fine everywhere else. In fact, I made a purchase through the app just last December and I had absolutely no problem.

The message says there is a problem processing the payment and prompts me to contact support. It also includes what seems to be an error code, followed by the date and time. I tried getting in touch with support about this, but the only available option as far as I could tell was the AI assistant, which, as I expected, was completely and utterly useless.

I am out of ideas. This is not the first time I have had some ridiculous unexplainable problem with Microsoft's products, and I am starting to lose my patience.

I hope you can help me sort this out.

Best.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Microsoft Store
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Carl-L 22,665 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-20T07:24:19.2166667+00:00

Hello Diego,

Welcome to Microsoft Q&A forum.

Based on what you described, I believe that this was some issue regarding your payment method. This happens quite often if you trying to make the first purchase or changing the payment method. This happens on multiple platform, not just Xbox apps.

Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas. As the instruction has told you, you will need to contact Microsoft Support to resolve this, you can try to follow these steps to see if you can contact a person.

  • Type Live chat in the search box. 
  • Now click Get help, and Select Contact Support or Sign in to contact support below. 
  • Go to the Products and services tab, and choose Other products
  • On the Category tab, choose Billing and Account Profile questions 
  • Go to Confirm. 
  • You can now choose the option of Chat with a support agent on your web browser. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.