Please try this link. It works fine here.
Cannot install KB5066791 or KB5042320
On windows update it tells me You're not up to date. In red letters, "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." I have reloaded Windows 10 and the problem still exists.
I have windows 10 Home
10.0.19045 Build 19045
I have ESU and I've tried several things recommended and nothing has worked. How do I get things up to date and get rid if this red error message?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
The only fix you need is here. Please see accepted answer in the thread below:
device missing important security and quality issues - Microsoft Q&A
That should resolve the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" misleading error.
The only fix you need is here. Please see accepted answer in the thread below:
device missing important security and quality issues - Microsoft Q&A
That should resolve the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes" misleading error.
5 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Margot Hummer 80 Reputation points
2026-06-19T16:27:21.0033333+00:00 Hello Ramesh,
Above is the windows information.
Here is the link for the file on Onedrive:
https://1drv.ms/u/c/fa8b72defa2f9fbc/IQCP_CdlSodoSpc2CvGN6k-WATB4Hzr8ZaprDopXjeQdTwc?e=f9QN3A
Thanks,
Margot
-
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2026-06-19T15:36:51.8166667+00:00 Hi Margot,
- Please run
winver.exeand post a screenshot of that dialog. - Upload your CBS logs. To do so, copy the following folder to the desktop.
C:\Windows\Logs\CBSZip the CBS folder on your desktop and share it on WeTransfer.com, GoFile.io or OneDrive. Post the link here.
- Please run