Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For business | Windows
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, I want to find the sum of F25-I25 if it is greater than I25
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data
AI answer
The issue is that the IFS function is returning the text string "F25-i25+J25" instead of calculating the expression, and the logic does not match the stated requirement.
F25 - I25 + J25 when F25 > I25, and 0 otherwise, use an IF (or IFS) with the expression outside the quotes:=IF(F25>I25, F25 - I25 + J25, 0)
IFS for this simple case, it would be:=IFS(F25>I25, F25 - I25 + J25, F25<=I25, 0)
Key points based on IFS syntax:
logical_test must be followed by the corresponding value_if_true.References:
Hi,
Try this formula
=SUMIF(F25:I25,">"&I25)
Hope this helps.