Sharepoint Popular Content Analytics Date Range within the 90 days Excel Export

Norma Lopez-Sancho 20 Reputation points
2026-06-17T10:47:24.6933333+00:00

Hi, I'm building my own Power BI Dash to use the 90 days file you can download from Sharepoint Analytics, so I can combine documents on a weekly schedule and build up the Intel.

My query is relating to the Popular Content tab, which does not have a date per document/visits, and is just a snapshot of "Last 7 Days"

My question is, if I download the file on a Monday, should I understand that the 7 days range is from previous Monday to Sunday?

I suppose that they day you download it , as is not a "Full" day, probably is not included in that 7 days range

Thank you

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | Development
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Jayden-P 26,280 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-17T11:22:03.8533333+00:00

Hi @Norma Lopez-Sancho

The “Last 7 days” metric in SharePoint Analytics represents a rolling 7‑day time window, meaning the data always reflects activity from the current moment back over the previous seven days. And the data is processed using UTC time and analytics exclude the most recent ~60 minutes.

User's image

Ref: View usage data for your SharePoint site | Microsoft Support

For example, if you download the report on Monday at 8:00 AM, it will include data from approximately the previous Monday at 8:00 AM up to around 7:00 AM on the current Monday. This window includes activity from the current day but only partially, and it excludes the most recent processing period, typically the last 60 minutes of activity.

I hope this helps.


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.