How can I delegate my contacts to my assistant?

Anna 20 Reputation points
2026-06-16T22:05:43.3866667+00:00

How can I delegate my contact list to my assistant? I need her to be able to add contacts on my behalf to my own contact list. The function was available in the old Outlook, but is not available in the new version.

I haven't been able to find solutions in the web or desktop version of Outlook.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Hornblower409 15,815 Reputation points
2026-06-17T16:34:12.19+00:00

@Anna said

How can I delegate my contact list to my assistant?
The function was available in the old Outlook, but is not available in the new version.

I assume you were using this method in Classic Outlook to share your Contacts?
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365-apps/outlook/calendaring/share-calendar-and-contacts#share-contacts-within-your-organization-using-microsoft-outlook

You are correct. This is not available in New Outlook for Windows or Outlook Web.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-ca/answers/questions/4637839/share-contacts-list-in-outlook-(new)

There is a workaround using a Shared Mailbox. But it's clunky. If you want to try this please advise. Or ask any AI:

How can I share a Contact List in Outlook Web using a Shared Mailbox?

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Marcin Policht 109.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2026-06-16T22:14:40.33+00:00

    Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuOqfkEHhzY


    If the above response helps answer your question, remember to "Accept Answer" so that others in the community facing similar issues can easily find the solution. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

    hth

    Marcin

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.