Outlook issue – Emails opening in minimized bubble windows

Carter, Crystal 20 Reputation points
2026-06-16T15:24:22.93+00:00

I’m experiencing an issue with Microsoft Outlook where email messages do not open in a standard full window. Instead, each message opens as a small floating bubble that must be manually maximized. I have already tried restarting Outlook and the computer, but the issue persists. Requesting assistance to restore normal window behavior.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Chris Duong 10,705 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-16T17:02:17.2+00:00

Hi @Carter, Crystal, 

Good day. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for providing the details regarding the issue. 

After checking on my side, I was also able to observe similar behavior in the new Outlook, where email messages may open in a smaller pop-out or floating window instead of retaining the previously adjusted or maximized window size. 

Based on my review, it appears that the new Outlook currently does not consistently remember the customized window size or maximized state for opened email messages. As a result, even after resizing or maximizing the message window, the same behavior may occur again when opening another email. 

  • In the meantime, if this functionality is essential to your daily workflow, you may consider using Classic Outlook as an alternative, if it is available in your environment. In Classic Outlook, the application still retains the previously customized message window size. 
  • You can toggle off the New Outlook button at the top-right corner of the app to switch to Classic Outlook.    
  • User's image

I completely understand your feedback and agree that having Outlook remember the preferred window size would be very helpful, especially for users who frequently open messages in separate windows. This improvement would make the experience more convenient and reduce the need to manually maximize each email message. 

As a forum moderator, I hope you understand that I don’t have the ability to modify or escalate product issues directly. However, I strongly recommend submitting your feedback through the Outlook (new) · Community. This is the most effective way to ensure your voice reaches the product team and can be considered for future improvements.     

User's image

Once you've submitted your feedback, feel free to share the link here in the comments. I’ll be happy to upvote it to help bring more visibility.     

If you are unable to submit feedback from your side, please let me know and I will be happy to submit it on your behalf.   

Additionally, since many other users have expressed similar concerns but may not know where to submit feedback, if my response has helped you better understand the situation and guided you toward a possible next step, please mark it as the "Accepted Answer". Your action will help pin this post to the top, making it easier for others in the community who are experiencing the same issue to find your feedback and support it.      

I hope this information is helpful. Should you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out.    

Thank you again for your understanding and for raising this important usability concern.  

Wishing you all the best. 


Note: Follow the steps in our documentation to enable email notifications if you want to receive email notifications related to this topic. 

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.