How can I get my original tool bar back in Microsoft Word?

Suzette Vivyan 40 Reputation points
2026-06-16T01:09:04.0066667+00:00

I have used Word for years with the same tool bar. Now, my tool bar is one line (File Home Insert Draw Design Layout References Mailings Review View Help Acrobat) and I have to select an item to see the tools available. I also lost my undo, redo, and Auto save off/on. How do I get my original set up back? I have tried resetting through User Account/Manage Settings with no luck.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Jeronimo Fuerte 46,305 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-16T01:51:30.9266667+00:00

This usually happens when Word has switched to the collapsed ribbon / single-line ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar has been hidden.

Please try this:

  1. User's image

Also

User's image

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.